Frame Library and LSC Software Installation
Many gravitational wave scientists work with strain data
in the gravitational wave
frame file format
software package has been created to
read, write, and manipulate GW frame files.
Here are several options to download and install the Frame Library:
Option 1) Download the entire LSCSoft
- Works for "Unix Like" systems such as Linux, Debian, and Mac OS X
Option 2) Download just the Frame Library
- Works for "Unix Like" systems such as Linux, Debain, and Mac OS X
WARNING: So far, there does NOT seem to be a way to make the Python
implementation work using this method. This seems to only install
the command line tools, NOT the Python modules.
See documentation on the
- You can install just the frame library with
MacPorts, by typing
sudo port install libframe.
- You can also install just the Frame Library from source, by downloading
the FrameL "Source Tarball" from this table.
Option 3) Install a Virtual Machine
- Currently, the only option to work with GW Frame files using Windows.