Frame Library and LSC Software InstallationMany gravitational wave scientists work with strain data in the gravitational wave frame file format (.gwf). The Frame Library software package has been created to read, write, and manipulate GW frame files.
Here are several options to download and install the Frame Library:
Option 1) Download the entire LSCSoft
- Works for "Unix Like" systems such as Linux, Debian, and Mac OS X
- Follow instructions on the DASWG
Software Repositories page.
- On a Mac, you can get the whole LSC software stack using MacPorts. Use the instructions for installing LSC Software with MacPorts.
- For other systems, check for instructions on the Software Repositories page.
- To download and install the source code, follow the LSC Softare source installation instructions.
Option 2) Download just the Frame Library
- Works for "Unix Like" systems such as Linux, Debain, and Mac OS X
- You can install just the frame library with
MacPorts, by typing
sudo port install libframe.
- You can also install just the Frame Library from source, by downloading the FrameL "Source Tarball" from this table.
Option 3) Install a Virtual Machine
- Currently, the only option to work with GW Frame files using Windows.