Projects with GWOSC data
Some examples of projects using GWOSC data are shown on this page.
Listing a project here does not imply endorsement by LIGO Laboratory, the LIGO Scientific Collaboration or the Virgo Collaboration.
If you have completed a project with GWOSC data,
please let us know!
Student Ashley Disbrow presents her work
at the 2014 American Astronomical Society
meeting in Washington, DC.
Student Emma Wadley created the installation art,
titled Void (2016), shown above. Her artist statement
includes this description: "I have used black
paper to represent fear through the colour
associated with death, shadows and the deepest
nights ... The addition of light creates an
eerie iridescence and the soundscape aims to
unnerve and intrigue through otherworldly noise
of Gravitational waves and the Mariana Trench."
Scientific PublicationsBelow are the most recent publications citing GWOSC, based on a query to INSPIRE.
1) Searching for a Ringdown Overtone in GW150914Eliot Finch, Christopher J. Moore
arxiv:2205.07809 | INSPIRE
2) Rapid localization of gravitational wave hosts with FIGAROStefano Rinaldi, Walter Del Pozzo
arxiv:2205.07252 | INSPIRE
3) Follow-up analyses of the binary-neutron-star signals GW170817 and GW190425 by using post-Newtonian waveform modelsTatsuya Narikawa, Nami Uchikata
arxiv:2205.06023 | INSPIRE
4) Modeling transient resonances in extreme-mass-ratio inspiralsPriti Gupta, Lorenzo Speri, Béatrice Bonga, et al.
arxiv:2205.04808 | INSPIRE
5) Virgo Detector Characterization and Data Quality during the O3 runF. Acernese, M. Agathos, A. Ain, et al.
arxiv:2205.01555 | INSPIRE
6) Discovering gravitationally lensed gravitational waves: predicted rates, candidate selection, and localization with the Vera Rubin ObservatoryGraham P. Smith, Andrew Robertson, Guillaume Mahler, et al.
arxiv:2204.12977 | INSPIRE
7) GWCloud: a searchable repository for the creation and curation of gravitational-wave inference resultsA. Makai Baker, Paul D. Lasky, Eric Thrane, et al.
arxiv:2204.13267 | INSPIRE
8) Constraining spontaneous black hole scalarization in scalar-tensor-Gauss-Bonnet theories with current gravitational-wave dataLeong Khim Wong, Carlos A.R. Herdeiro, Eugen Radu
arxiv:2204.09038 | INSPIRE
9) Targeted search for the stochastic gravitational-wave background from the galactic millisecond pulsar populationDeepali Agarwal, Jishnu Suresh, Vuk Mandic, et al.
arxiv:2204.08378 | INSPIRE
10) Dipole Anisotropy in Gravitational Wave Source DistributionGopal Kashyap, Naveen K. Singh, Khun Sang Phukon, et al.
arxiv:2204.07472 | INSPIRE
11) Ensemble of deep convolutional neural networks for real-time gravitational wave signal recognitionCunLiang Ma, Wei Wang, He Wang, et al.
arxiv:2204.12058 | INSPIRE
12) Incorporating information from LIGO data quality streams into the PyCBC search for gravitational wavesDerek Davis, Max Trevor, Simone Mozzon, et al.
arxiv:2204.03091 | INSPIRE
13) Parameter estimation with gravitational wavesNelson Christensen, Renate Meyer
arxiv:2204.04449 | INSPIRE
14) Search for Coincident Gravitational Wave and Fast Radio Burst Events from 4-OGC and the First CHIME/FRB CatalogYi-Fan Wang, Alexander H. Nitz
arxiv:2203.17222 | INSPIRE
15) Nearly model independent constraints on dense matter equation of state in a Bayesian approachN.K. Patra, Sk Md Adil Imam, B.K. Agrawal, et al.
arxiv:2203.08521 | INSPIRE
16) Eccentric Pairs: Analytic Gravitational Waves from Binary Black Holes in Elliptic OrbitsD. Buskirk, M. Babiuc-Hamilton
arxiv:2203.08998 | INSPIRE
17) 5n-vector ensemble method for detecting gravitational waves from known pulsarsLuca D'Onofrio, Rosario De Rosa, Luciano Errico, et al.
18) Using machine learning to autotune chi-squared tests for gravitational wave searchesConnor McIsaac, Ian Harry
arxiv:2203.03449 | INSPIRE
19) Stochastic gravitational-wave background searches and constraints on neutron-star ellipticityFederico De Lillo, Jishnu Suresh, Andrew L. Miller
arxiv:2203.03536 | INSPIRE
20) Constraints on r-modes and Mountains on Millisecond Neutron Stars in Binary SystemsP.B. Covas, M.A. Papa, R. Prix, et al.
arxiv:2203.01773 | INSPIRE
Pioneer Academics student projects (2020)Projects mentored by Eric Myers
Final papers: Vinh Nguyen | Pranjal Gehlot | Harry Yu | Xuanming (Rudy) Zhang | Yash Kothari
Pioneer Academics student projects (2019)Projects mentored by Eric Myers
Final papers: Langqing Yi | Erim Esref HAKKI | Jiawei Qiu
Effect of Low Frequency Noise in Detection of Gravitational WavesBaisakhi Mitra
Report on github
Gravitational Wave Events (iPhone App)Peter Kramer
Available from Apple
Pioneer Academics student projects (2018)Projects mentored by Eric Myers
Final papers: Jingyi Zhang | Yue Pan
Pioneer Academics student projects (2017)Projects mentored by Eric Myers
Final papers: Joalda Morancy | Kriti Verma
Evidence for Small-Strain Burst Sources Proliferating in Enhanced-LIGO Time Series DataStanley W. Wong and Baokun Gu
Report on Google Docs
Calculating detection ranges for binary black holesBassel Heiba
Code on github
GW150914 Kaggle ProjectsCreated by Elena Cuoco
GW150914 data in Kaggle
Online Course - LIGO: Detecting Gravitational WavesCreated at Sonoma State University by Lynn Cominsky
SSU LIGO Courses | 2016 Course
Pioneer Academics student projectsProjects mentored by Eric Myers
Final papers: Zhehao Lu | Minqi Fu
Art Installation: VoidEmma Wadley
See photo at right
Modified LIGO data analysis notebookValentin Baillard
Azure | mybinder | github
Physics From Planet Earth homework problemsJoe Amato and Enrique (Kiko) Galvez
See Gravitational Radiation 2 and Gravitational Radiation 3
Non-Gaussian noise and data analysis of laser interferometric gravitational wave detectorsTakahiro Yamamoto, Ph.D. Thesis
Gravitational Wave Detection in the Introductory LabLior M. Burko
Georgia Gwinnett College,
Pioneer Academics student projectsProjects mentored by Eric Myers
Final papers: Jinghong Liang | William Li
Searching for Compact Binaries in LIGO DataShannon Wang
Date Completed: September 2014
Recovering S5 Burst InjectionsAlexander Cole
Date Completed: May 2014
Presentation: Paper | Slides
S5 Data Time Dependence of Duty Cycles and Spacetime Detection VolumesGary LaMotte
Date Completed: April 2014
Recovering Hardware Injections in LIGO S5 DataAshley Disbrow
Date Completed: September 2013
Presentations: Poster | Slides
Share your own GWOSC data projectFor help getting started on a GWOSC data project, or if you have completed work that you would like to share, please contact the GWOSC team.
Please remember to cite or acknowledge GWOSC if using any products from this web site.